"We're Blogging This...."

WELCOME To desurfsup BLOGSPOT....
A blogspot is just a fancy word for "web-log" or a place on the web to type in your thoughts or news you would like to share....we are so excited that you are here....click on the comments tab under any topic below and join in the conversation....if you need a little more information about blogging, view the video below "Blogs in Plain English".
Happy Blogging Surferdudes and dudettes!!!

Blogs in Plain English

7/6/09

What is your favorite short story?

Good Day all you surfers....Today is Monday, July 6....hope everyone had a cool 4th of July....today's blog is about short stories....what is your favorite short story? One of our favs is "The Girl with the Black Ribbon"....it was sort of a scary one....it was about this beautiful girl who always wore a black ribbon around her neck. Before she married the love of her life, he asked her why she always wore that black ribbon and she said, she could never take it off or he would be sorry! I guess one night he was too curious because while she was asleep, he cut the ribbon and unfortunately, her head fell off! As her head rolled down the steps, she cried...."I told you, you would be s-o-r-r-y!!!!!!!
What is your fav?....tell us about it under comments.....

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I can't share a short story because I am way deep into Crank by Ellen Hopkins. The story, narrated through a series of poems, tells the story of one girl and her descent into the maelstrom of addiction. She knows the risk she's taking but the pull is too strong. She can't fight it, and in some ways, she doesn't want to. My favorite line so far is as follows:

    "I mean, who wants to trudge through life, doing
    everything just right? Taking no chances means
    wasting your dreams.

    What makes this story even better is the novel is loosely based on a true story. The author is the mother of the real life Kristina/Bree. Check it out!

    Ms. E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite short story since I was born always been "GO TO BED FRED!". No matter how old I am I still say this is my favorite book. It's about a little monster that refuses to go to bed because he didn't have his blanket. At the end of the book he finally went to bed when he found his blanket. It's only a 6 page book with 6 words on each page, it's great for a 4 year-old but still great for a teenager. :) CHECK IT OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that book before. It sounds interesting. I want to read it. -O.S.-

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite short story is John Henry "The Mighty Man"

    ReplyDelete
  5. K.W. My favorite short story is "How To Surrive Middle School."

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite short short is "Goldy Locks." I love the story goldy locks because it is more then goldy locks not finding the right chair, bed, or food that was right for her. It symbolizes more and it has a deeper meaning if you listen to it in a different point of view. [B.J period1-2]

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite short story is "Amelia Bedelia" books. i have a special bond with these books because when i first came to america "Amelia Bedelia" was the first book i read by myself. it was funny and i wish i had a bunch of them! -Abigail Taylor- 7/8

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite short story as a kid was "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish".

    N.B. 3/4

    ReplyDelete

Respond here...happy blogging!